Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Last Weekend of 2013

November 2012 we had made plans to see some dear friends who have moved down to Taichung. On the way down, our car broke down.  We never made it to Taichung!

After returning from the States in August, we searched for a decent second hand car, but finally decided on a brand new Nissan Livina, which we have named Lightning.  We immediately emailed our dear friends and made plan to visit them.  This past weekend, we finally made it down to Taichung. It was a perfect weekend.

They had bought a turkey and that's what we had for dinner on Saturday night.  Their kids are big on sports and so are our kids.  They live on the Morrison Academy Campus in Taichung and they opened up the gym. It was so much fun for the kids to play volleyball and basketball indoors.  I took the entire volleyball cart and tried serving one ball after another, just to get ONE over the net. I wasn't going to leave the gym until I got at least one over. I couldn't believe how poorly I now play.  I think I served over 100 times and got 3 over the net. (Trust me... as I sit to write this post, the entire right side of my upper body is sore!)  They ordered different kinds of tea drinks throughout the day.  They bought Chinese breakfast for us. They made fresh pots of coffee for me.  we watched the Lone Ranger on Saturday night.  We went to church on Sunday morning and then bowling.  (Peilun and I went and walked around the entire newly opened Ikea Store. I can't tell you how much fun that was!!! I haven't done that in at least 10 years!)  Sam and Isaiah played a lot of video game.  Abby and the girls hung out and did their nails.  It was just such a relaxing weekend.

Before leaving, we stood around in a circle, holding hands, with our heads bowed and prayed together.  What a joy to know them and to be a "family" in Christ.

I think we want to do it again -- same time next year -- the last weekend of every year -- hang out with the Manus'.





Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment