Saturday, December 14, 2013

Fubon Run

Tomorrow is the Annual Fubon Run. 

I no longer run on Sundays but I recall when I did go out there -- 2010 for the half. I wrapped up my right leg as my knee was sore. I put patches on my left knee just in case.  I thought it would be cold and overdressed. By the middle of the run, I was starting to strip off the layers that I had worn. I made it and had a great time!



 
 
Next year, I went for the full...I wrapped my left knee and had patches on my back. It was another hot day but this time I was more prepared. I wore a visor, wore only one long sleeved shirt and had a handkerchief to wipe off the sweat that was running down my face and into my eyes.  Crossing the finished line felt so good.  My husband and kids were there to greet me... and to take pictures.  At the end, I felt as if I could have gone for another full marathon. It was a very surreal feeling.


This year I will be at home, cheering people on from the comfort of my bed. 
 
Would I join another race?  Most likely... but it would have to be for a special purpose.  Nowadays, I do weekly prayer runs, rain or shine.  Never in a million year did I think I'd be running.  I have read a few stories about lady runners. Many of them started later on in life.  I read about Joy Johnson who didn't start running until she was 59. According to newspaper report about Johnson, it said that "she averaged three marathons a year, ran anywhere from 25 to 50 miles a week, and made quilts from her race shirts."  She ran her last NY Marathon at age 86 before passing into glory.  Her favorite verse was Isaiah 40:31,
But those who trust in the LORD for help will find their strength renewed. They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not grow weak.
I am not sure how long the LORD will keep me "prayerunning", but I trust that when my time comes, I will be running into His arms with JOY!
 
Seek Him First!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment