Thursday, December 12, 2013

My 52nd Birthday

Hippo Birdie Two Ewes...

Yes, it's my 52nd birthday.  How do I like to celebrate? Here is what my son, Isaiah, wrote in his daily school journal --

Today is my mother's birthday. She doesn't like celebrating it like crazy -- no need for cakes, candles, ice cream or presents.  She just likes her birthday like every day life.  My mom just likes her birthday to be simple, to have her family around, no big party.  But that doesn't stop me from knowing this is a special day.  Happy Birthday Mom!

That pretty much describes how I feel about celebrating my birthday. I don't need anything.  But this year I did get one special present.  (Thank you Kathryn!)  As some of you know, I started running three years ago.  I love to run in the rain.  I ruined one iPod by doing that. It is sitting in a cup of rice. I'm hoping that it will be "revived again".  That iPod was given by my dearest sister, Annie.  Another dear Christian sister, Andrea, gave me an iShuffle, which I have been using. (She left Taiwan and this gift is a miracle of a story.)  Another dear sister, Audrey, gave me an iNano when she moved to Korea. But none of these is waterproof -- in step another sister, Kathryn. She handed me a bag one Sunday at church and asked, "When is your birthday?" This was back in November.  She then said, "This is your birthday present".  I looked inside the bag and couldn't believe what I saw. It's a sports mp3 player -- the kind that you can swim with or RUN IN THE RAIN WITH.  It's WATERPROOF. 

I opened it today. She even loaded it with some of my favorite music.  It just 'wraps' around your head and there is no earphone wires that swing while you run.  They are so light.  It didn't rain tonight. But I can hardly wait to try running in the rain with them.

As all my birthdays since Jesus came into my life, this has been another perfect day. 

Oh, one thing I do every year -- I call my mom and wish her a Happy BIRTHday.
My Mom and Me
Seek Him First!

5 comments:

  1. 52?! I DONT BELIEVE YOU! SHOW ME.UR ID!! PLEA~SE! 52?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina. I didn't even know you can comment... This is so interesting.

      Delete
  2. wow, what a great picture of mom, you are getting quite good at scanning and posting, we miss you, and only one more month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning a lot as I am blogging every day. And you need to write more often. Yes, my house does have a PILE of things already. I have to buy some things to bring back. We need TAIWAN SNACKS for our road trips. I need Taiwan coffee packets.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I have more pictures of Mom... She is such a great mom... We did so many things together.

      Delete