Saturday, December 21, 2013

Long Run On A Cold Day

Every Saturday morning since October 5th, I have been taking my kids to their Pre-AP Class.  I park the car in the school parking lot and I would run to Danhsui and take the MRT back.  Since the end of November, I have been taking the MRT to Danhsui and running back to the car. 

The run today was an extremely difficult run.  It was VERY cold.  I felt as if my body was burning up all that I ate for breakfast just to generate enough heat.  It was 12 degree C according to the bulletin board at the MRT Station, but it felt like 9 with the wind blowing.  It didn't rain, so that was a praise.  But my nose was running and the sweat was getting into my eyes.  As I started to sweat, the wind would blow through my clothes and I felt colder and colder with every step I was taking.  I tried to miss all the puddles and then my mp3 ran out of battery.  I just had to keep praying. I thought I would never make it.  My kids were so patient as they got out early today.  I came home and took a hot shower! 

On Tuesday, I've invited people from HOP to do a prayerun -- from Danhsui to Neihu.  It will be almost twice the distance as what I have been running each Saturday.  I was told this evening at the Annual White Elephant Party that according to the weather report, 80% chance of shower. I looked at the forecasted temperature -- 14-17 degree C.  I am praying.  We are planning to run from 10-2p.m.  Why the run?  What does it symbolize?  I hope to answer those questions in one of my later posts.  But for now, I know there will be many things that will try to oppose or discourage us from doing this.  For me, I am determined to complete this run. It is an act of obedience. I didn't think I'd have time to do such a run before the end of the year. But God worked it out -- Alan has a day off on December 24th, so he can be home with Abby.  I know God is merciful and faithful.  He is also the Sovereign One. He is in control of the weather. So, even though the present weather report is not too favorable, I will "run" in trust. After today's experience, I already know how difficult it will be to have a long run on a cold day.  I also know that He is with me always and He will carry me through -- just as He did today.



Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment