Sunday, August 11, 2019

I'm Finally Back... To Taiwan... and To Blogging...

What a month-long vacation! I will take the time to blog about that in the next few days... but for now, I just wanted you to know that I'm back in Taipei...

The journey back took a lot longer than expected.

Just the day before departure, there was a 5.9 earthquake, with the epic center in Ilan, but it affected Taipei. In fact, when we returned home, all the pictures on the wall needed to be adjusted.

Then the night that we checked in for our flight, we were informed that a typhoon was blowing through northern Taiwan. We were only told that the flight might be cancelled due to weather conditions. Kurtis, my nephew, was also coming back to Taiwan, starting language school at SooChow University! He was on a direct flight on Eva Air. He was stuck at the airport for eight hours and finally took off at 9am. They handed out sandwiches and drinks and blankets.

When we arrived in Incheon, we were told our flight was cancelled! And the airline did nothing to help us! No lounge passes... no food... no blanket... NOTHING! Other airlines only delayed their flights... but Asiana cancelled all flights for the day. We were stuck!

I tried to book a flight on another airline, but could not find anything for under 300US$ and I needed four tickets!

We decided to take a free transit tour and 'surrendered' to the idea that we will have to take the flight the next day.

The free tour was fun... it would have been better without my mom...

We were back at the airport by 8pm and we showered and bunked down on a group of sofas. I was so exhausted. I gave Mom a sleeping pill, thinking she would stay asleep until the next morning. I then went to take a shower and went to bed by 11:30. At 2:30, I heard voice, only to wake up and see my mom out and about with two gentlemen helping her as she was talking very loudly that she was lost! I jumped up and ran over and thanked them for their help. Needless to say, I didn't sleep for the rest of the time and Mom's eyes were opened! So after my date with Jesus, I took her over to have a shower!

We finally boarded our flight at 9:30 and there were some very strong turbulence. Abby said it felt like a roller coaster! Mom was hyper, talking, talking, talking and hungry!

As soon as we landed, I called our van service and Alan had messaged us about the same thing. They sent over a van to pick us up and by 2pm, we were back at home... and Kurtis was here! James had helped to get him from the airport to our house and fed him dinner!

With everyone working at lightning speed, we were able to put a majority of things away. I gave my mom a shower and dinner and one more sleeping pill and sent her off to bed. I'm happy to say, she really did sleep for about 10 hours!

We all stayed up until 12:30 before we hit the sack... I was totally worn out...

That was early Sunday morning...

I'll blog more tomorrow...

Seek Him First!
Image result for god sustains me

No comments:

Post a Comment