Saturday, August 17, 2019

What's Happening in Taipei This Past Week

Now that I've finished posting about our vacation, it's time to tell you about what this week has been like.

First of all, on our journey back, we got stuck in Korea. I mentioned that... and that Kurtis is here and that with all of us helping out, we put things away in a very speedy manner.

But my living room is still a bit messy... since we have Kurtis' stuff spread out on the floor... plus, I have quite a bit of stuff that I brought back to sell at the Annual Flea Market on 8/31. I have also cleaned out my shoes and will do some more cleaning to see what else I can put on my two tables at the flea market. I have asked others to bring things that morning... and my goal is 7,000 to 12,000NT$! The money will be to support their child care and elderly care programs.

So, we've been back for a week now...

And it's been a great week... tiring, but great. Mom has enjoyed being at her elderly day care. I took her to the doctor today to get more of her 'mind pills'. We are upping the dose to 10mg.

I also took Kurtis to see the dermatologist as he has patchy skin. It turned out to be a fungus and the doctor gave him topical solution. The de-coloration will return in about 6-8 months,but the fungus should be gone in 3-4 weeks. Presently, Kurtis has two students and I hope to get him one or two more. Each student has 90 minutes session each week. I hope he can make about 15,000NT$ per month. That should be plenty of spending money! That is IF I can get him that many students on a regular basis.

As for myself, I started back at NSB and my first three hour class just flew by. I should be starting back with my tutoring next week and also my Bible study groups. I'm still trying to see if I can arrange for transportation for my mom, since I don't want Kurtis to walk in the heat, pushing my mom in the wheelchair from the elderly care center. My brother, James, is still here until August 26th. He goes back and forth... My kids are busy with their activities... but they also don't drive. God will work this out...

Seek Him First!
Image result for Even while we were sinners, Christ died for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment