Thursday, August 15, 2019

Details of Our Vacation, Part IV

I forgot to mention that at every port, I'd check with the port authority to see if a walker showed up... and I received no text messages or any news and NO walker.

Our next two ports were Portland Maine and Bar Harbor Maine. Both of these places were so beautiful. At Portland Maine, McKenna had read about two places that we had to try -- one sold Whoopie Pies and the other place had Blueberry Donuts. I thought the Whoopie Pies were like Chocolate Twinkies... but the Holy Donuts sold an amazing assortment of donuts... and they were really good. The shops were all right by the port, so it was great walking around.

At Bar Harbor, we found a free bus that took you out to the famous National Park. While others explored the area, I ran the five miles back to the port so that I can go and get Mom Bea off the ship. Because you had to tender out, she didn't want to do it. We found the water to be very nice, so I went back to get her. She was a trooper... and had no problem with the tendering. I found a great restaurant that served Blueberry Pie... so she sat and had blueberry pie ala mode... Yummy! She also got to do a little shopping and bought t-shirts for herself and Aunt Ethel. Earlier in Boston, she found a beautiful set of jewelry and I had to convince her to buy something for herself...

Some of the other people had lobster since Bar Harbor was famous for that. But I didn't think I needed to pay for that as they served lobster tails for dinner one evening. And we each ordered TWO!

Bar Harbor was our last port in the USA as we were headed now to Canada!

More tomorrow about those two ports...

Seek Him First!
Image result for God supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment