Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Finally...

A dear Christian lady runs a second hand store right here in Neihu. I've been wanting to go and help out... I had it down on my date book before I left for the States in October... and even after coming back, I kept saying to myself -- I need to go and help organize that place. But I have had so little free time!

Why do I want to go and help out?

There are many reasons. Let me list a few  --
The money she earns is used to help low income families.
We partner together to ship boxes off to the Philippines to help typhoon victims. She supplies the clothes and things and I pay for the shipping.
I love second hand stores and have always wanted a 'Salvation Army/Goodwill' in Neihu.

Since we are shipping off two more boxes to the Philippines, I blocked off the entire afternoon and went over at around 2pm.

I started with her outside area and finished that and was able to do one of the three rooms. It was a lot of work. But when I finished, the customers started coming in! Some of them were regulars and they were so impressed. They kept saying, "Now we can see what you have. It's so wonderful!"

Sure enough, with the outside area looking more attractive and organized, people wanted to come in. While I was there, those who were looking started to buy things.

I will go there again... at least four more times as I have two more rooms to go through. I also hope to help her with her storage area that she has in the store. That's going to be a major task as things are just piled up in clear plastic bags in there!

Then I want to work on her office, kitchen area and the customer restroom.

The name of her store is Home of Light! And it can really become a lighthouse in that neighborhood! I hope that by the end of December I would be finished with this "task"! With God all things are possible!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 72: 5

2 comments:

  1. YOU are so good at organizing. What takes me four hours takes you just one, or something like that!!!!!! What a blessing to her and to the community.....xoxoxoxoxxoxoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am efficient! I group things together and set up areas that are organized. I can then put things in those set places, which make it so fast!

    ReplyDelete