Thursday, April 20, 2017

Unto A Full Grown Man!

The list is out! Isaiah made it! And he was ranked up in the top 7 in both departments at Soochow University!

Soochow Philosophy -- Number 1 on the list! They accepted 37 out of 58 candidates and he was first on the list! Being #1 meant he nailed the interview and his mini thesis and his portfolio! (Because his JCEE test score was quite low, going into this second stage.)

Soochow English -- Number 6 on the list! They accepted 80 out of 177 candidates! Now, for the English Department, they only asked for a portfolio and for all candidates to take another English exam. So, again, he must have nailed his portfolio and his exam to be ranked #6.

(Note: The total number of candidates does not mean the total number of applicants. Many of the applicants were NOT called back for the second stage because they missed the cut! So, Isaiah really did very well!)

I am thrilled. I know Alan is, too! He and Isaiah will have the same vacation schedule. Now, it would be something if Abby ends up going to Soochow as well... Now, I asked Alan to check if the faculty 'benefit' is still being offered -- meaning children of faculty and staff only have to pay 1/3 of total tuition! YIPPY!

God is good...

I am so relieved...

But actually, about three months ago, just after Isaiah took the JCEE, I was on my knees and in prayer... casting Isaiah into the merciful hands of God... while on my knees, I felt an assurance from the Lord, confirming that Isaiah would be accepted to the English Department of Soochow University. When I got up from my prayer time, I had this deep sense of hope in the goodness of God. What a journey this has been...

 Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 41: 12

2 comments:

  1. Yes, he'll have the same vacation time as Alan! We are thrilled. And he gets to stay home... that's a big saving... plus, I like having my kids home!

    ReplyDelete