Friday, April 14, 2017

Good Friday!

This has been a blessed Good Friday for many reasons!

One is the time to reflect on the love of Jesus... The truth of John 3:16 comes alive!

Another reason this day was special is because of something I've posted from before. Just to refresh your memory, I have started to receive a small monthly pension. Alan and I have similar ideas when it comes to stewardship. In our opinion, putting money in the bank doesn't help people. So, we don't have much in the bank. Now that I have this monthly pension, it seems like such a waste if it sits in the bank... accumulating each month.

And that's when I started to look for a small property for investment purposes.

You cannot imagine how expensive properties are here...

I thought the prices would have gone down after the newly elected president came to office as the number of tourists from Mainland China has dramatically decreased. But in Neihu, I haven't seen much of a drop.

I've looked at many properties, but nothing 'clicked'. And just when I was going to put things off until after my return from the States, I went and saw two today in the same building! And I liked them both! There are positives and negatives of each place... the biggest negative, of course, was the price! The most positive thing is the location. It's a three minute walk from the MRT station and about a 15 minute bike ride from where we live!

I'm going to pray until Sunday and then make an offer. I hope the agent won't faint at how ridiculously low my offer is!  Just to give you an idea -- the listed price: 245,000US$. My offer: 177,000US$! And this is for a very small suite! VERY SMALL... OK, maybe just a little bigger than a five star hotel room!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 40:17

No comments:

Post a Comment