Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Didn't Get Much Accomplished Today!

I had promised a friend that I'd attend one of the exercise classes that she helps run. So, this morning, I went on the MRT and got there by 9:15. The class started at 9:30. It's called Power Fitness Yoga. I'm not into yoga! The bending and twisting are NOT for me!

My friend wanted me to go because she says it will help correct my lack of flexibility!

This place was packed!

Everything was very low impact and yoga was not the main thing. It was all about posture and form. The class was for two hours and I later found out -- each class is quite costly! And some of these people buy 100 classes! Even at 200NT$ per class, that's 200,000NT$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess for some people, it's an investment towards their health and fitness!

I didn't sweat much, but for dinner, I was super hungry!

My friend paid for my class, which I found out was 600NT$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I almost fainted!)

The instructor encouraged me to stretch more and gave me a free book of easy stretching exercises. And she kept telling me -- No more running! Running is not good for you. Do fast pace walking! That's better for your joints!

I sent a thank you message to this friend. But I can't see myself forking out the money or the time. I realized that I don't like the uniformity of attending such an exercise class! I don't like having to pay so much money when I can exercise for free! And I like being outdoors, biking or running, on my own. I like seeing the birds and feeling the wind! (It's more difficult to enjoy the outdoors in the summer months here in Taipei!) I realized that I like the alone time and I like the freedom of going when I have time. Exercise is not such a high priority on my list! Oh... yes, they have a monthly plan, which people really love! 7,000NT$ per month and they can attend however many classes as they like! But times that by 12 and that's 84,000NT$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok... After the class, I tried to find a part for an old rice cooker. The repair guy laughed at me!

I went and tried to get a refund check. When I called, the guy told me to bring the wrong ID card!

By then, I was feeling tired... so instead of trying to do a few more things, I headed home and fixed myself a big salad and took a nap!

The rest of the evening passed nicely as I got distracted with reading books that I had borrowed for Isaiah, trying to get him into some of the novels he will be reading when he starts university!

Alan's team did not make it into the final round for the speech part of the competition. Tomorrow is the debate competition!

Abby went to her cram school this evening and biked and walked back so that she can get some exercise!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 42: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment