Monday, May 13, 2019

Getting the Car Tuned Up and Other Things...

The day had a few unexpected glitches...

I had planned on bringing the car in for a tune up... but I wasn't planning on doing it today.

But after dropping Mom off, I went back to the car and it wouldn't start... After about three seconds, it started and it went off again...

I started praying and messaged Alan... He said, "Try opening the door again!"

I did that a couple of times, but each time I'd start it, the car would start and go off again. I called the Toyota Dealer which was less than ONE kilometer away and they wanted to charge me to have someone come to look at the car!

I kept praying and finally it started! By now, it's 10:30!

I needed a tune up... and they said I needed to change the brake pads... and they charged me almost 10US$ to put in some radiator fluid... And they were going to change the windshield wipers and I said NO, DON'T... Their wipers were almost 30US$... I could buy some for 10US$.

I will take the car in probably in December to get the brake pads changed... but just the tune up was 200US$!  The brake pads would have been another 200US$! I think we will also be needing to change the tires soon!

I didn't wait around while they were working on the car. I came home and cleaned the house, worked on my tutoring stuff, called to find a battery and renew our house insurance... Yes, I had quite a long list of things to get done...

I picked up the scooter at 4:45 and picked Mom up...

We had counseling this evening!

What a day!

Oh, it's hot again... so I did go for a quick run. It's difficult to get my legs moving when it's this hot.

Seek Him First!
Image result for prayer changes things

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for all the car problem and am praying about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... Hopefully, we won't be having any more car problems... At least it's cheaper to get things fixed here!

    ReplyDelete