Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Birthday Post in Honor of My Sister, Annie!

My sister, Annie, was born on March 8th, Women's Day (the year of the pig)!  Those numbers, 38, in Chinese, also mean a woman who is very funny, or crazy, or 'unusual'. All those words would describe my wonderful sister.
Annie is very brilliant. In school, I saw her study at home for five minutes the morning of her test and got a score of 94 and that's only because she didn't feel like writing the last question. On the other hand, I truly felt that she was HAAD! My mom had to keep her very busy in order to keep her out of trouble. And growing up having to share a room with her drove me nuts. I like to have everything neat and orderly, whereas Annie had a very different definition for the word, 'organize'. Of course, now as we're both in our 50's... we love being together... Traveling in Australia with her was a total blast. She is good at things that I am terrible at. She loves to drive and I don't. She is great with directions, and I'm not. She can hop on a bike and I'm like, can you give me training wheels, please?
She has come to know Jesus and that has been one of the biggest answer to my prayers. She loves to volunteer and help people out. I'm not exaggerating, but she is a tremendous blessing to everyone she knows.

So, today... I want to wish her... gifts that money can't buy... peace that surpasses all understanding... overflowing joy of Jesus... and many more painless years to run the race that's set before us!

Happy Birthday, my beloved sister, Annie!
Seek Him First!
Image result for psalm 3:8
Psalm 3:8 (especially chosen for my sister's birthday!)

2 comments:

  1. oh my what a tribute, and you are too funny, don't even remember some of those pictures...... much love to you too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took an extra long time to select the best pictures for my bestest sister!

    ReplyDelete