Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Typhoon Day

Well... what a surprise!

Today was a typhoon day. The kids and Alan did not have to go to school.

At first, we thought it wasn't going to be a big deal. Alan went out for a run in the rain, and so did I. But for me, it wasn't really a run! I tried to run to the park. But the park was all locked up. Several stairways were opened. So, I was able to get in. But without any buildings, I could not run. The wind was so strong. I ran for ONLY 1 kilometers and went out of the park. By the time I did, the wind had picked up. On several occasions, I had to stand behind a light pole so that I didn't have things blown on me. The rain pelted my face. Trying to walk against the wind became more and more difficult. I didn't last more than 50 minutes out there!

By this evening, the rain and wind both got stronger. Many households lost electricity and they might cut off water as it can't be processed or cleaned fast enough since the water has become very muddy. There is even rumor that classes might be cancelled tomorrow!

For now, we have water and electricity.

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 22: 23

No comments:

Post a Comment