Thursday, September 1, 2016

Tub Fixed; Plans Made

After dropping off the kids, I stayed home all morning. The plumber came to fix the tub. I thought, how much would it be to put new silicon around the tub? Alan could do that for about 12US$! But, this is a professional. I had 80US$ ready. But it turned out to cost 120US$! To most people here, that's a fortune! But if the problem is fixed, it sure beats spending 900US$ to change the tub and redo the bathroom!

Then my siblings have been chatting about Chinese New Year plans. How about meeting up in Australia?  My brother has been there with his family for the past 22 years, and I haven't visited. The problem has always been that tickets to Australia is a fortune -- more than going to the States. Actually, double the amount of a ticket to the States. Chinese New Year is peak season as it's summer there and long vacation here. When I have checked, each ticket cost about 1700US$. Oddly enough, this time when I checked, I found tickets to be around 800US$. So, I told them we'd go, after I got the OK from Alan. I called Isaiah's tennis coach and got his permission that Isaiah can take off for 10 days. 1/23 to 2/3 2017!

When I started the booking process, all tickets were unavailable! I couldn't believe it! I was trying through cheapoair! The airline was Scoot. We have heard of Scoot as it's quite popular here -- a low budget airline. So, I finally went directly to Scoot to book. And now, I understand better how budget this budget airline really is! If I clicked yes to all the options they gave during the booking process, each ticket would have cost about 1000US$. Every thing had an added cost!

Do you want a meal?
Do you want to check in a 20kg bag?
Do you want to have drinks while on the plane?
Do you want to pre-reserve your seat?
Do you want wifi? (And I guess in flight entertainment was included in that option!)
Do you want extra insurance?
Do you want fast transit pass?

I clicked NO to all the above options! And sure enough the price per ticket was around 800US$!

So, we're going to fly for 18 hours without any meal or drinks. (We have a stopover in Singapore. And I do plan to bring food with me -- instant noodles, coffee packets, breakfast bars, raisin bread, whatever they will allow, as each of us only has one 7kg carry on!) I hope they will give water for FREE on board! But, I booked and got their confirmation letter! WE ARE GOING TO AUSTRALIA during the Chinese New Year break! Yes, for only about 10 days, but this will be great fun for Isaiah. He would be finished with his BIG exam. This will be great fun for Abby. She wants to go and attend a couple of services at Hillsong Church. I will miss Alan. He will be going to the States! Another vacation apart...

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 18: 40

No comments:

Post a Comment