Wednesday, May 20, 2015

What A Good Day!

When I was in high school, I had a creative writing teacher who did not allow us to use the word 'good' in any of our essays. If that word appeared in our writing, the paper would be returned with the word 'rewrite' in red.  But there is no other way to describe today, but to use the general term 'good'. It was indeed a 'good' day.

The day just flowed from one thing to another.

I went over to Wendy's in the morning, but since it was raining, Kimmy and I stayed indoors while Wendy went out for about an hour or so.  On her way back, she ordered water dumplings for me. TWENTY delicious water dumplings, which I picked up as the restaurant was right downstairs. I came home and started baking, trying a new recipe. While it was baking in the oven, I ate my lunch. When the oatmeal banana raisin cranberry apple sauce 'cake' was finished, I put some in a container and went over to visit with Vanessa. She just had a baby -- a 4.5 kilos boy -- Harrison Cole.  Her in-laws are here, so it was fun to chat and visit with them.  I scootered back, ate dinner and went off again to Wendy's. It was Ryan's birthday and I wanted to babysit so that they could go out on a date. I dropped off my scooter first for a tune up and the guy said that I needed to change the back tire. So, I left my scooter with him and walked over to Wendy's.

I brought a book and their house had WiFi. After finishing the book, I listened to the Bible in Chinese and found that you can listen to the Bible in like 100 different languages. What a great way to learn another language! I'm going to do that again and maybe listen to the Bible in Spanish and German or Turkish and Hebrew.

I heard Kimmy at around 9p.m. and grabbed one of Wendy's shirt and went in and patted her down. The smell of her mommy soothed her immediately. How amazing!

And soon, Ryan and Wendy were home!

I went back to the scooter place and picked up my now tuned up scooter with a new back tire!

Yes, indeed, it was a good day... a very good day!

Seek Him First!
「Psalm 98:1」的圖片搜尋結果

No comments:

Post a Comment