Monday, May 11, 2015

Finishing Up Another Bible Study

Tonight was the last session of our Children of the Day Bible study.  I can't believe we have come to the end of another Beth Moore's study.

At the end of the study, Beth Moore focused on these 10 words from II Thes. 3:2-3 --

For not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful.

In many circumstances that we might face, we need to acknowledge 'for not all have faith' and then proclaim BUT THE LORD IS FAITHFUL.

How true that is! As I look ahead, many changes will be happening. One of the biggest changes will be that Rachel is moving down to Taichung. We have met at Rachel's house for the past so many years. She has been such a blessing to me in so many ways. I know that the Lord is faithful. I'm praying that Rachel will have a wonderful group of sisters to meet with and to study God's word.  I know the Lord will be faithful to answer that prayer. I also know that Rachel is going to continue to bless so many people there in Taichung. Because wherever she goes, the beauty and presence of God radiate through her.

It's hard for me to see the group changing. It's hard for me to put into words my feelings. I have loved being a part of this group. We don't see each other every week, but there is a deep connection between us.

In some ways, I can relate to how Paul might have felt in closing the letter in II Thes. So I will end with these three "may" found in II Thes. 3 as a prayer and a word of blessings to all the sisters from our Bible study --

May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ. 
May the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all! 
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. 

Seek Him First!

「Psalm 95: 7」的圖片搜尋結果

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Lovely, you know I'm going to miss you like crazy and miss studying the Bible with you! But what a relief that you're just an email away. :) And I know you will continue to pray for us...and I will pray for you...and read your blog regularly!!!! You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And are you blogging on a regular basis? If you are, I will have to read what you're up to. I know I love all the pictures that you take when you're out on a run. And I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting running trails. Although there was a lot of constructions around the area... but I'm sure you'll find the nicest place for a good run! You can count on the prayer support. FOR SURE!

    ReplyDelete