Saturday, May 16, 2015

We're Almost There!

This morning Abby and I took off at 7:30. (I had to call my mom just before we left.  She just got back from her "afternoon" walk!)

Like last year, the banners were on the walls. School principals and administrators and teachers were all lined up with signs and baskets of candies and cookies.  Before entering the front gate of the school, the streets were lined with people passing out all sorts of cram school flyers and 'small gifts'. (I missed getting a great green pen!)

Once inside, we went up to the classroom.  Two of the counselors from Abby's youth group were already there. We bowed together there in the hallway and prayed.

The teachers were already getting the classroom ready.

At 8:20, the bell rang and parents and teachers were ushered downstairs.  The students all entered the classroom and sat in their assigned seat.

I went down to the gym and read.

I also brought my running music so I sat there and had a time of praise and worship.

At around 11:15, I went out to get lunch. It was such a hot day and the lines were already starting. The parents were instructed to buy something light (nothing greasy, nothing spicy, no milk products, nothing sugary). They didn't want the kids to have any stomach problems.

I bought Abby and her classmate cold noodles with veggies and a drink.

They had a 90 minute lunch break and then had to go in again!

I went out for a walk and a run and took a shower at the Sports Center down the street.

By 4:40, the bell rang and the students filed out of the classroom, so relieved. I overheard several kids talking. Some knew they did poorly as they guessed for most of the questions. Others had a determined face. These are the kids going for the top schools.

Tomorrow we will start again, leaving the house at 7:30. But we will be finished by 12:30! Then we wait for the scores to come out on June 5th.  On Monday night, they will post the answers.  I told Abby, "Don't look. Don't worry."

Seek Him First!
「Psalm 97:1」的圖片搜尋結果

No comments:

Post a Comment