Sunday, May 3, 2015

Worship Service in the ICU

I went again to Cathay Hospital to lead the worship service at the bedside of a dear sister. The Intensive Care Unit has only two visiting hours each day. In the morning, it's from 10-11 and then in the evening from 7-8p.m. And for each hour, only two people can go in at one time.

Last week, Sophy was very swelled up and did not have much response.

I was praying this week that by today, the breathing tube would be removed and that she'd be able to talk or interact more. Yes, it was a very bold prayer, but I believe God to be faithful.

I went this morning and she still had her breathing tubes and she didn't look too responsive.

I was disappointed. I know God is working. I know His ways are best, but I was hoping to 'see' the changes in Sophy that I had been praying for.

God had laid upon my heart certain songs to sing and passages to read.

The hour went by so quickly.

As we sang our last song and closed with the Lord's Prayer, Sophy started to respond. It was as if she wanted to talk to us. She held the song sheets. She wouldn't let go. She then held the song sheets close to her face, like she was trying to read it or she wanted to write something.

After we walked out, we asked her husband to go back in as the nurses' station has a white board and markers. So he did.

He came out so excited. The nurse was going to remove her breathing tube and Sophy wrote some words on the white board.  She had to use her left hand and she was still a bit shaky, so it was difficult to make out exactly what words she wrote.

We think she wrote - AMEN and I love you all -- in Chinese.

I walked in disappointed that the tube was still in and that she wasn't talking. But at the end of the worship service, I walked out so excited, knowing that God was exalted and glorified through this situation.

Seek Him First!
「Psalm 93:1」的圖片搜尋結果

No comments:

Post a Comment