Saturday, May 9, 2015

A Year Ago Today

It's amazing to think how quickly a year has gone by.  What do I mean?

Today was the try-out for the different teams at Nanhu Senior High School. A year ago, Isaiah was at the same tryout, and he was the only one who showed up to try out for tennis.

Today, ten people registered but six showed up for tennis.  One hundred and nineteen boys showed up to try out for basketball.  Yes, it's true! Double the amount of those who showed up last year.

This coming Monday the school will post on their web site a list of names for those who made it.

Isaiah said that for basketball, they might be taking only eight kids. For tennis, maybe five out of the six will make it.  They also had tryouts for girls volleyball, ping pong, and basketball.

Looking at this past year, I would say that Isaiah has survived this year. I don't know if I can say that he has thrived.  His muscles hurt.  His tennis skills have improved.  And I do see God's hands in all this.

I wonder what I will "see" next year at this time as I do not yet know where Abby will be attending high school. I do know God is in control and His plans are perfect and His hands will take care of things!

Seek Him First!




No comments:

Post a Comment