Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I Finally Have Time

For the past seven years, I've spent both my winter and summer vacations in the States, organizing and cleaning other people's homes.

What I wanted to do was to have time to go through the nooks and crannies of our house here in Taipei. But as soon as I get back, life happens and I never seem to have the block of time needed to do a proper job.  Don't get me wrong. My home is not messy. In fact, it's quite clean and orderly. I do go through things every six months, sorting and giving things away.  But I don't have time to do any major cleaning and organizing.

Well... as I have already posted, I'm here in Taipei for this winter vacation. And when Alan is gone, I don't sleep well. I get to stay up and DO THINGS. So, I have started. I don't have a lofty goal, such as get the whole house done before Alan returns.  I just do one cabinet or one area at a time.

Today, I tackled the study.  I went through the CDs, which proved quite fruitful as I found some great music which I didn't know we had.  Of course, I also discovered that I had collected some music that we'd never listen to.

I am quite satisfied with what I have accomplished today.  With what I have done today, I also realized that no matter how much time I have, I don't think I can ever get through the piles of lesson planning books and teaching notes that I have accumulated!!!!  I wonder if I should just put all that in a big bag and throw it in the recycling bin?!?!?!?!?! I won't make that decision tonight.  I have one more box that I had pulled out of the study to go through and then I'm going to call it 'quit' for the day.

I am reminded of this verse --

Seek Him First!

2 comments:

  1. you should have been at my house doing this, i miss you so much..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... That's what I have been doing... and Mom's house as well... I have been going through one area or cabinet at a time. Now, I'm sorting through all the name cards that we have accumulated. A little bit at a time. Have a great trip! And Kurtis is NOT going with you all... wow... Love you lots... Miss you lots... But so glad for this time to be in Taipei!!!!

    ReplyDelete