Saturday, January 10, 2015

Feeling Irked

Today was a day of waiting... I mean, wasted waiting...

Going to pick up Abby from her youth group, she wasn't around.  I waited and then finally went down to see where she was. She had decided to walk home.

Going to pick up Isaiah from his cram school, his class wasn't finish. I waited around and he finally came out -- 20 minutes later.

Tonight, I went to pick up Isaiah from his youth group.  I waited and waited and waited.  I saw people coming up, but no Isaiah.  Finally at 10:45, I went down to see what was going on. There weren't that many people. I asked those who were there, but no one knew Isaiah.

As I started to walk out, a group of guys came out.  There he was.  His youth group had ended but since he didn't get a phone call from Dad, he just thought he could hang out down stairs. He never thought of coming up to see if we had already come to pick him up.

Wasting time waiting around irks me.  That's because I think of all that I could have been doing with that time. In 45 minutes, I could have gone to this one particular shop that's right nearby to look for a couple of things my sister wanted. In 45 minutes, I could have gone to this other supermarket to get sugar since I was going to bake for the Love Feast tomorrow.  I could have been reading for 45 minutes.  I could have finished the load of laundry. Better yet, I could have been taking a 45 minute NAP.

In all this, I need to remember. Instead of being irked, I should start to give thanks. That surely will help with feeling less irked.


Seek Him First!


No comments:

Post a Comment