Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Wow Wow Wow of a Day

The last 36 hours flew by.

I had told a dear sister that when she went into delivery, I'd help her out.

Her husband is from the States.

She is from South Africa.

They don't have family here.

I feel as if I am family to her.

And being here, they needed someone who is bilingual and is willing to pray and step out in faith with them when there are decisions that needs to be made.

On Monday morning, 1/12, I get an email from Wendy.  Her contractions started at 3am. They were heading out to the hospital.

They checked in at 1:30 and I got there before 7p.m.

The water had not broke and dilation was not happening.

By 11p.m. we made a decision for the epidural.

She still had contractions but was able to rest more.

By 8am, 1/13, she was fully dilated.

So, for the next three hours, with every contraction, we worked to help her push, to see if we can get the head down further.

By 11am, the head was still high.  We had to go for a C-section.

By 13:01, 01/13/2015, Kim Taylor Cunningham was born.  So cute... so adorable...

Mom and baby are both fine.

I stayed to get them into their room and to make sure they were okay.

I got home, had a time of prayer and thanksgiving and then went to pick up Abby.

I'm going to go to bed early tonight, but I don't think I will sleep well. Alan is away!


Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment