Saturday, January 17, 2015

Alan's Departure & White Elephants

Today was another go, go, go day.

In the morning, we had the overseers here for a team meeting since Alan was going to be gone for 5 weeks.

I ran around checking on Isaiah's phone, buying a few more items and packing up the last few things. Actually everything was already packed, but both items were overweight. So, it was more like re-juggling everything.

Then I drove Alan to the local airport so that he can take the bus to the International Airport in Taoyuan. It was hard to say good-bye!

I then drop off Abby at her youth group. Isaiah had practice in the morning and cram school in the afternoon.

I came home and cleaned up the house from the morning meeting and getting everything ready for the evening party.  Wow, before I knew it, I had three huge bags of things.  Trying to get everything downstairs, the elevator closed on me and knocked off my glasses. If it weren't for my glasses, I would have had a black eye.

I picked up Abby and we went to Erik and Fanny's place. It was nice to get there early as we had time to get to know them.  I had made soup, chicken sandwiches and a dessert.

What a party!  Totally fun!  We had over 30 people and the gifts were amazing... fun and funny.

Isaiah took the MRT and invited one of his classmates to join the party. He will be staying overnight at our house as Isaiah is going to help him with his math.  In fact, this time he got an 82 on his English exam because Isaiah tutored him before the exam.

When we got home, we heard a message and received an email from Alan. The phone message was just before he took off and the email was from Seoul Korea where he had a layover for a couple of hours.  I'll call him tomorrow as he will be at my mom's by 12 noon Taiwan time.

I didn't even have time for a RUN.


Seek Him First!



No comments:

Post a Comment