Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hanging Out with Abby

Today was a bit unusual.

Thursday is homeschooling day. But I signed both Abby and I for a morning session of a seminar at a church in Neihu.  The topic was to speak prophetically.  It was quite interesting as he asked people to get into groups to practice.  I enjoy doing things like this, but it was very new to Abby.

For lunch, we went to visit Wendy, Ryan and their newborn baby Kimmy. Wendy is doing so well and Kimmy is so adorable.  We had lunch together.  I dropped off a mosquito snapper as Ryan said that they get 'tons' of mosquitoes at night!

We came home and I started putting things away and frying up onion and sweet potato cakes.  Very delicious... the kids love them for a snack or for breakfast.  Abby was trying to plow through a unit of Bible for her homeschooling curriculum, but I can tell it was hard for her to concentrate. So, instead, she worked on her journal, which she just loves!

In the evening while Abby was at cram school, Isaiah joined me for the evening session of the same speaker.  His talk was not so focused as he jumped from one thing to another, ending with what he felt was the trend for Christians in 2015.



We went and picked up Abby and it was just so nice to be home together.

By this Saturday, Alan would be gone only one week. But the kids and I all felt as if he has been gone a long time. I guess we all miss him.

Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment