Saturday, January 24, 2015

Back to "Work"

I've been thinking about this... doing some part time teaching.  But as I was in this thinking phase, opportunities have been knocking on my door. Really!  An upstairs neighbor asked me to tutor her. I told her, "Not until September."  But then I received a referral from a friend regarding a lady who needed help.  This lady signed up for the BULATS exam on January 29th and needed help for the speaking part of the exam. She is presently planning on a big job switch and it's crucial for her to pass this test in order to qualify.  She has done extremely well in every other needed qualifications except for this.  And since the exams are just days away, I said yes. 

Today was our first time together.  In two hours we did a lot.  I had asked her to think about whether or not she would want to continue after our initial meeting. And at the end of two hours, she said YES.  I thought she would want some time to think about it.  She would be finished with the tests, so does she really want to continue?  But I think she felt very comfortable with me.  And at the end of our session, I invited her to pray with me. I think I want to do that every week.

In preparation for this first session, I spent at least two hours gathering information and getting together a question bank. So, when another friend approached me about another opportunity, I really had to think and pray.  If I am spending two hours to prep for two hours of tutoring, I think this other opportunity might turn out to be more time consuming that I'd like my schedule to be.  

In all this, I am laying every decision in God's hands, claiming an old favorite from Prov. 3:5-6. 

Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment