Thursday, November 20, 2014

Psalm 118

The weather today was incredible.  Warm with a slight breeze... sunny with a few white clouds blowing through...

It reminded me of the verse I read in the morning --

Psalm 118:24  This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

With a day I like, I felt drawn to go outdoors. But I never made it out.

I wanted to go for a short run just so that my legs can loosen up in light of Saturday.

I tried to pursued Abby to go for a bike ride.

I thought maybe I'd just ride out on my scooter to run a few errands.

But none of those things happened.

In the afternoon, Alan came home.  So, I thought I'd go out while he stayed with Abby.  He had his special Thanksgiving Luncheon at Soochow University. This year they had four turkeys. So, he brought back four sets of turkey bones.  I got busy getting two sets of bones in a huge pot to make turkey soup.  Two I put in the freezer. That will be for Christmas Eve turkey soup. I never got to go out.

But all day, I was reminded -- this is the day the Lord has made... I will rejoice and be glad in it.



Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment