Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Colossians 3

Whatever you do, do it as unto the Lord...

I am presently preparing a message based on Colossians 3. What an amazing chapter!

I noticed many contrasts that are used not to mention the exhortations given in living a life worthy of our calling in Christ.  I also love how Paul says that we are chosen of God, beloved and holy!

As I pondered these things throughout today, I felt such a closeness with God.  He reminded me of better ways of doing things. For example, I found a fabric store that was closer to my house, so I didn't have to ride all the way towards downtown Taipei.  (I still hope to go down to the textile district as I love 'window shopping' for fabric.)  Then the lady at the fabric store gave me a velcro strip and instead of taking it to this one particular shop to get it sewn on to my running belt, He led me to a shop that was right near my house.  These are just two examples as there were so many other similar things that happened today.

So, I sit here, praising Him for He is worthy.  I am reminded that in all that I do each day, I am to do it for the Lord.  That's the best way to live. I have an audience of ONE.  There is so much more to say about Col. 3, but I close with this quote from Corrie Ten Boom --


Seek Him First!


No comments:

Post a Comment