Thursday, November 6, 2014

Protein Fruit Shakes

Since Isaiah has been on the high school tennis team, he has lost a bit of weight. To help him gain back his weight, we started him on protein shakes every night.

Bananas, frozen blueberries, yogurt, pineapples, fruit or apple milk and protein powder.  He usually wants two a night.

He was at 60.1 kilos.  He dropped to 57.3.  Now he is back up to 59.1.  His coach wants him to be up to 65 kilos.  We've got a long way to go.

So, today, Abby and I went to Costco.  We bought the Isolate Protein Powder for 1,899NT$.  That's like 63US$.
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Isolate Vanilla 2 pack 4.5 lbs
While on the phone with my sister, she tells me that the exact same product is on sale at the Costco in Torrance for like 40US$.  WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! I went on line and looked. It's 100US$ FOR TWO 4.5 pound containers!  Wow... that's a lot of protein powder... So, the price in Taiwan is not that much higher, but it is more expensive here!  Anyhow, I guess that's the price I have to pay to try to 'bulk' up my son!

Seek Him First!


No comments:

Post a Comment