Saturday, November 22, 2014

Crossing The Finish Line

What an experience!  This verse summarizes my feelings!



For the last 10 kilometers, it was by the grace and strength of God.  I had totally forgotten what it would be like from the 33 kilometer marker to the finish line!  How those last 10 kilometers felt like a life time.

Alan and Abby were there.  How wonderful it was to see them.

I sat down, took off my shoes, and washed off my legs. It just felt so good to have my shoes off.

Then to my utter surprise, I hear my name being called!


I hobbled over to the stage and was awarded first place in my division!  Amazing!

Seek Him First!

2 comments:

  1. what was your time and what division and what did you get oxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was going to get some cash prize. But no... I just got a trophy. 51+ division. First Place. 4:07! Now, I went and looked. Three years ago -- 4:18. So I improved. And I have not done a long run in a year and a half. So, I know it was GOD who carried me through! Yes, I was hoping for under 4. But, right now, just to cross the finish line is amazing. Perhaps I will join another one in three years!

    ReplyDelete