Thursday, November 27, 2014

Abigail's Midterms

Abigail is very industrious and conscientious about her studies. For her midterms, she stayed up late and she asked her teachers for extra 'practice exams'. She worked really hard.

But the morning of her exams, she looked at me and said, "Mom, I didn't have enough time to study for my Science exam. I think I'm going to get a 40." She was about to cry. There she stood and repented and asked God to spare her. She had spent her time on all her other subjects that she ended up not having enough time to finish her preparation for Science. We bowed and I asked God in His mercy and goodness to give her a score above 60.

God is so faithful. He saw her heart and her intention. He saw her effort and her repentant heart.  He gave her a score of 64.  And for most of her subjects, she scored 90 or above.  

I do not care about the scores. It is her diligence that I applaud.  She really did try her best.  

And I am grateful to the Lord for hearing and answering our simple prayer that morning!
Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment