Sunday, November 2, 2014

Lost in Luke, Lost in Love

Today I shared at House of Praise from Luke 15.  In this passage, Jesus used three "lost" parables in answer to the Pharisees and scribes' complaint regarding why Jesus was 'hanging out' with tax collectors and sinners. I had originally been scheduled to share five times this year. But Dec. 21st will be our House of Praise retreat. So, I had only four times to share and this was my last time. I felt so blessed as the Lord put two together -- Lost is... and Luke is... through Luke 15.

What can we learn from this chapter about Jesus?

1.  Jesus loves those who are 'lost'.
2.  Jesus searches out those who are 'lost'.
3.  Jesus never gives up on those who are 'lost'.

In preparation for this talk, I went on line to find some basic facts.

The world population has already surpassed 7.2 billion people.

And presently, there are still 41.8% of unreached people -- totally more than 2.99 billion people.

As I read and asked God to teach me, I realized that I need to repent. I need to love more and search out those who are lost and never give up on others. I need to be more joyously excited to share the Good News with others for the angels and the heavenlies rejoice over one sinner who repents.  We should not be focused or get distracted with things that of little or no importance and spend our time on the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.  There is a world of people who are perishing without knowing the love of Jesus!!!!

There was so much to share as I had learned so much...


I am not sure if this statistics is true... but the early believers changed the world. And they did it without mass media or airplane or cell phones or computers or present day social medias.  They had the power of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8). Perhaps we need to repent and pray more. Perhaps we need to wait upon the Holy Spirit to breath on us and to flow freely from us.  Perhaps we need to love one another in ways that help the world to see that we are Jesus' disciples.

Seek Him First!



No comments:

Post a Comment