Thursday, October 23, 2014

Waste Not, Want Not




image





Join in on the Food Waste Fiasco in your city! Coming to New York City and Burlington!
Preview by Yahoo



My sister sent this link to me.  We are very similar in that way.  We both do not like the waste that we see around us.  It is just not being a good steward of all that God has given us.  

For me, I have found several supermarkets that have special mark-down items.  I go there for my bread and milk and juice. Everything is 50% off. I also have found several fruit shops that I can get bananas and apples for a great price. Again, mark down because they are smashed or brown but perfect for baking. I peel everything and put them in plastic containers and store in the freezer. Now, I have lots of great fruit for baking. I also have tubs of fruit for smoothie. My sister is the same way. Her frig and freezer are both loaded with 'cast-off' fruits for making smoothies.  Just the other night, I went to our local supermarket at 10p.m. And the produce guy was THROWING AWAY three trash bags full of veggies and fruits. I asked if I can have everything for free, but he said NO. So, I asked how much he would give me for the apples. I walked away with 20 apples for like 3US$. I also got TWO HUGE avocados for 2US$. I must go back again at night just before closing time.

I look at the link and I see all that delicious bread and goodies.  Now I wonder if I should go to the dumpsters of these local supermarkets and see what I can find. The only problem is, here in Taiwan there are cockroaches, big brown disgusting ones that fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Okay... forget the dumpsters in Taiwan. I think I will just go before closing time and see what I can "buy" from the "Produce Man".

Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment