Thursday, October 16, 2014

Lord and Shepherd

This Saturday is the Ladies' Retreat.  The theme is:  Fill My Cup, O Lord!

And I've been invited to be the speaker.

The two chapters that the Lord led me to speak on are Ps. 16 & 23.

It's amazing how Ps. 16:2 and Ps. 23:1 are so similar.

Psa 16:2  I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord; all the good things I have come from you."

 Psa 23:1  The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need.

In preparing for this talk, I finished three books and have started on a fourth book. But here is one quote that I liked from David Roper's book, Ps. 23 --
Once more we’re confronted with unexpected simplicity:  “The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.” In this world or in the next, He is all we need.  So, when I hear what God has to say I know the only thing left for me to do is to turn my energies toward Him, giving Him my full attention and my heart’s devotion, asking Him every day to bring me to the place where I find Him more interesting than anyone I know, anything I do, any place I go, or anything I possess. 

Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment