Saturday, October 11, 2014

Lightning Livina

We have had our car for a little more than a year now.  It still smells like a new car and has less than 7,000kilometers.  We have had one tune up and have had to renew the car insurance.

But this year I've come to realize that our car is a very basic car.  I'm not complaining but I now understand why we got it for such a great price.

It doesn't have a security key to lock or unlock the doors automatically.

It doesn't have an alarm system.

You can only open the door with the key from the driver's side.  The hatch back and all other doors do not have a key slot.

It doesn't have a back windshield wiper. (Our old car had a back windshield wiper.)

It doesn't have an adapter so that we can play music from the iPod or iPhone. (Our old car had an adapter.)

Driving Lightning reminded me of my first car -- the red Volkswagon Rabbit.  I loved that car. It was a stick shift.  It drove really well, but it had nothing extra.  It was a show room car and I think Lighting was too.

Lightning had 7 kilometers when we bought it.  6, 993 kilometers later it still is going strong... In fact, 7 years later, if we have only 49,000 kilometers, the dealer will probably want to buy it back and ask us to buy a new model...

How thankful I am that God provided Lightning for us.  



Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment