Thursday, February 28, 2019

The Details

How did I miss a day?

I guess I was going to post about the air fryer and totally forgot...

Ok... first the air fryer and then I'll give more details about the senior day care centers that I visited.

This past summer while in San Diego I went to my favorite shopping 'mall'... the mall has about 10 thrift stores and across the street is the Salvation Army. This Salvation Army has a 75% off everything every Monday! I love shopping there.

I went to look for a soda stream machine, but didn't find any... Well... I did find one, which I should have bought... anyhow, that's another story!

My sister wanted me to find a toaster for her, so I was in the appliance section of every thrift store. One day it was the green tag special. Anything with a green price tag was 50% off. On the shelf was a Black and Decker air fryer -- 10$... green price tag -- 5$! I had no idea what these things can do... and it was kind of heavy. But for 5$... I decided to buy it. I couldn't bring it back when I returned to Taiwan in August, but I knew my sister was coming over in January. So, I left it for her to lug. She did... Thank you, Annie and KR! While she was here, I had no time to test it out...

We came back from the cruise on February 3rd and I have used that thing so often. It's now one of my favorite appliances. I fry onion rings, French fries, meat of all kind... It's fabulous. The kids love it. Alan loves it. It's the second most used appliance... the first being my soda stream machine.

Now... for the senior day care centers.... Mom enjoyed them tremendously. The social worker let Mom join the program in the afternoon... and Mom got to meet and talk to about 12 different ladies. The oldest being 94! So, next week on Monday, Mom will go get a chest x-ray to make sure she is healthy. Then she is going to go for the day on Tuesday from 9-5pm. I will have to pay 1000NT$. I will also pick up the paperwork and get that started. While the paperwork is being processed, the lady in charged said my mom can come whenever I like to drop her off... but I have to pay out of pocket! I don't think I will be doing it too much as I'd rather wait until I get the government approval... Plus my part time classes have not formally started. I just wanted to try one full day to see how that goes... I want to see if my mom will sleep better at night by joining these kinds of programs. I will definitely keep you posted.

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 32:1

2 comments:

  1. ok when you are here you need to buy me a five dollar air fryer too, i just watched some videos of it and it is easy and save oil etc........

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing... I love it... You had it there and you never tried it... For 5$... what a bargain. They are usually like 100US$!

    ReplyDelete