Sunday, February 10, 2019

Starting the Lunar New Year Cleaning!

Many of you might know that here in Taiwan people do a thorough cleaning before the Lunar New Year. They throw out old furniture and buy new stuff... Often times they buy a new dining room set or replace their living room sofa... Weeks before the start of the New Year, the government posts notices around the neighborhood, stating where large unwanted items can be placed for pick up. I usually go and look for treasures... You can't imagine what you can find!

But this year since Annie and KR came and we left for a cruise, I never had the time to do a Lunar New Year cleaning... Plus, since Isaiah sleeps out in the living room, I wanted to also give him some 'shelf space' for his books. Right now, he has a plastic bin under the piano. It looks pretty messy. Last night I started... I asked Abby to look for a shelf that would be under 500NT$. I took out the measuring tape to see what can fit there. I moved the stuff around to see what I can do to make more room... Needless to say, I am not even close to finishing this task. I did order some shelves which Alan will have to assemble. I did go over my budget -- two shelves with doors for 588NT$! Alan said to order two instead of just one small one. He also wanted a shelf with the option of having a door. Those are more expensive! The shelves should be delivered to our house by Wednesday!

Isaiah took off down south for his tennis training and tournament. He should be back by Friday!

Mom has been in a hyper mode -- after coming back from the cruise, we have been going out every day and staying out late. During the drive, she wanted to talk non-stop, asking where we are going and what's outside. My kids had to practice a lot of patience, sitting next to her! Well, by Wednesday night, her voice was horse, but she was still wanting to talk. Yesterday, she developed a very bad cough! But honestly, that has not stopped her from talking! If it gets worse, I will have to take her to see the doctor on Monday or Tuesday. For now, I'm giving her throat lozenges and Chinese cough syrup! We will wait and see. If she would just sleep more, I think her body can heal itself! Please pray!

I shared at church today on Empowered by the Holy Spirit. The Lord laid upon my heart to focus not on the 'supernatural gifts' but on the foundation of our relationship with God and bearing fruit of the Spirit so that the world will know we are His disciples and glorify the Father!

I will try to get back to blogging every day... Thank you for taking the time to read about what we're doing and for praying!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment