Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Happy Lunar New Year... I'm Back!

We arrived back in Taiwan on February 3rd... but I got so busy putting things away that I never got on the computer.

February 4th was Lunar New Year Eve and things closed up early. Since the fridge was empty, I had to go out and restock the fridge. I also had laundry to do even though I did two loads while on the cruise! We stayed up LATE playing Rummy Q... Abby was the big winner and I was the big loser!

OK... I'm getting ahead of myself... How was the cruise, you might be asking?

It was absolutely fabulous!

We arrived at 3am on the 23rd of January... and we pushed ourselves to stay up. We had breakfast at McDonald's and then went out sightseeing after checking in our luggage. Using public transportation, we went all over the place...

By 1pm, we were pretty exhausted and boarded the ship... and the feasting started!

Every meal... every restaurant... every activity... every port...

A big THANK YOU to Annie and KR as they took care of Mom... This gave us time to be together as a family and relax... I got up each morning to have time with Jesus and went back to SLEEP! Luxury! On sea days, we joined as many activities as possible... Annie, Isaiah and I joined Dancing with the Staff. Annie won!  Isaiah and I joined KTV Power Hour... We gained some fans from our singing debut! We also learned Line Dancing, Latin Dancing, Ballroom Dancing... We joined several raffles... Isaiah, Abby and Alan joined the 3 on 3 basketball tournaments and made many friends. We watched the Movies under the Star and sat in the jacuzzi and swam. I ran the treadmill for 30 minutes! Boring but what else can I do?!?!?!

Now for each port stop, we found a van with a driver and had our own private tour. In Vietnam, James came and picked us up and we had a whirlwind tour. Traffic at each place was really bad, so we had to make sure we were back in time. We had Thai massages, shopped for souvenirs, ate local cuisines... just had a grand time! Annie did not like being on the boat, but the rest of us, including my mom, had no problem. Each evening, we dined like royalties... ordering as many of the appetizers or main entrees AND desserts as we liked... Weight wise, we didn't gain too much!

On February 3rd, we disembarked and headed to the airport. Annie and KR flew back to the States and we came back to Taiwan.

The weather has been fabulous... and I'm back to full time care of Mom... We are all on vacation until February 18th, although Abby and I will be tutoring/working... and Isaiah will be heading down to Kaohsiung for a tennis tournament on Sunday!

This vacation has gone by way too fast!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Jeremiah 20:11

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a great vacation. Did you play Rummy-Q on the ship or at home. I think we will take Rummy-Q on our cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahhhh, too fast, and not fast enough for me, no more boating......... hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What to do next Lunar New Year?

    ReplyDelete