Sunday, January 15, 2017

Finished Up Godly Contentment

Image result for Psalm 34: 9-10
Today was the final 'installment' on the topic of Godly Contentment.

My passage still came from Luke 12:22-34 but I focused on the application and results of godly contentment. I felt that the Lord revealed to me the root issue in my life when it comes to why I worry.

The problem is that I desire to control people and situations. When things are out of my control, I start to worry, to fret, and to fear. In areas where I have fully relinquished control, those are the areas that I no longer struggle with worrying.

For example, I don't worry about food. I don't worry about clothing. I don't worry about finances. Those are the areas that I see God fully enthroned. But when it comes to the choices my kids make... I am plagued with worry.

This past week as I prepared this talk, God has been peeling away the layers and helping me to LEARN CONTENTMENT as in Phil. 4:11-13. It's been a good process because GOD IS GOOD.

I believe the Lord used the talk today to touch the lives and heart of His people at HOP. Because I know He has touched my life in a new and vibrant way through this passage and message.

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 34: 9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment