Thursday, January 19, 2017

Exhausting Day

Today was unusually exhausting!  I felt like I could have fallen asleep standing up!

I had scheduled to meet up with someone at 9am this morning. But Alan had scheduled his students to come over for lunch.

So, I rushed to get all the food ready before leaving the house.

I had a great chat with this gal.

I then had to head over to RT Mart, the bigger supermarket, in order to buy coffee and tea packets. I forgot I was on a scooter and again had a "wide load", trying to cart 100US$ worth of stuff on my scooter.

I picked up Isaiah and we headed home for lunch.

The students were there and they loved all the food I made!

After lunch, Isaiah and I headed over to the school where Isaiah would be taking the test tomorrow. You get to see your seat and where the parents get to sit and wait. We came home and the students were still here. I started washing the dishes and getting things cleaned up.

Then I had to sit down at my computer to work on my talk notes.

The students left at 5pm and I finished cleaning up by 5:40. Abby had gone out to the movies with her classmates. I asked Alan to pick her up as I could not keep my eyes opened. I took an hour nap! It was so refreshing!

Isaiah studied a bit before dinner and we watched TV after dinner as he needed a good night's rest! After he went to bed, I got things ready for tomorrow morning. I will go early to stand and cheer on all the students as they enter the school gate. It's a tradition! Teachers and staff members and parents from the PTA all gather with banners. I wrote about it last year. The only difference is that this year Isaiah will actually be taking the test! Alan will bring Isaiah over at around 8:50. The test starts at 9:15! About 77,000 students around the island will be taking this test for the next two days!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 34: 15


No comments:

Post a Comment