Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The Long Run/Walk

The weather was perfect today. And since I had no appointment until tutoring at 5:30, I decided to do it! Go for that LONG run/walk!

Starting off at 11:30, I came home at 4pm! Yes, it's true, I was out there for four and a half hours! I covered 35 kms, exactly half of the run on 12/10! I came back totally exhausted and sore! And I have no idea how I am going to finish the 70kms without someone rolling me off on a gurney! I'm still going to do it. I'm not going to give up.

I did find that a good breakfast helped tremendously as I didn't feel a bit hungry even though I brought a few snacks with me just in case. I also found out that being hydrated is very important. I didn't bring enough water and had to buy from the vending machines. I followed their tip and walked whenever there was a hill. Otherwise, I ran slowly, pacing myself the whole way. And was I ever so glad to get back and hop into the shower!

Tomorrow... a long walk!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 29: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment