Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Insanity Struck!

While riding on my scooter, I saw a bus ad for a Christmas Eve Pokémon Run. I got home and checked and it was only a 5K.  Since I was checking, I decided to see what other runs were coming up.

One in particular caught my attention -- December 10th, Saturday, 6:30am, Run Around Taipei -- 60K or 70K. The route looked interesting. The start of the race is nearby and on a Saturday. I'll pray and think about it... Last day of registration -- 11/9.

That was last night! 

This morning, on a whim, I decided to sign up and went and paid the 50US$ registration fee.

I came back and realized, "I must be insane! It's only a month away and I don't have the time to train. I haven't done much running for the past three months!"

Oh well... the money has been sent... On the registration form, it had asked how long it will take for me to cross the finished line. I wrote 9 hours!  The time limit is 10!

I'm being hopeful. I want to finish in 8 hours and 33 minutes!

No training... one month away... totally insane!

On another note, Trump won the election!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 25: 17

5 comments:

  1. That Trump won is way more insane than your run. Go run your heart out and run for moi too as running seems to be in a distant memory........ sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for a short run of 10k today. And my legs are in rebellion!

      Delete
    2. And as for Trump winning... you do know that I was praying for him to win!

      Delete
  2. you're going to do great! Love you!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember to pray! My legs are not ready! I think I need to recant and say... I HOPE I CAN FINISH IN 10HOURS!

      Delete