Monday, November 14, 2016

Off & Running

This afternoon I had time to go out for a longer run... and on my run, I saw my NSB students!

It was such a miracle as I was just thinking about them as we had our last class only a week ago. I didn't think I'd see them until next March when they are finished with their training. What a blessing!

They were on their run! So, God timed it perfectly! They were heading back to the NSB base. They don't usually run towards my usual running path. So, I believe it was God who orchestrated everything.

I don't usually go running at 4:30 on a Monday afternoon. But if I didn't go then, I would not have time for a run and I am still trying to get my legs back into the 'running mode'. And so far, they are still in denial or in rebellion.

Finally, I have to write about the encounter I had with the police tonight. In all my years of driving or riding a scooter, I have boosted about the fact that I haven't gotten a driving ticket. As for a scooter ticket, I could have boosted about that, except two years ago I got my first moving violation -- going down a one way street while looking for scooter parking. Since then I have received a total of three scooter parking tickets -- parking illegally on the sidewalk!  Tonight, I turned into a one way lane in order to park my scooter at a legal parking area... and sure enough, the police stopped me. I couldn't believe it. Because the last time I got a ticket for going down a one way lane to find scooter parking, I had asked the police officer about this. And the police told me that if it was less than 50 meters, it's legal. Now, this police said it is only legal if I had gotten off my scooter and walked it to the parking space, which was less than 20 meters from where I turned in. To contest this ticket, which Alan said would be impossible, I will have to go to the Police Station in Neihu! I'm going tomorrow!

I can't believe that I've received two moving violations for the same 'crime'!!!!!!!!!! I think the fine is 900NT$

I will keep you posted.

Seek Him First!
Image result for psalm 26:6

No comments:

Post a Comment