Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Running Late

I seemed to be running late today.

Alan took the kids to school as I was to see a dear sister who was returning to the Philippines. When I got there, she had already left to the immigration office. I got there 10 minutes before 8! She wasn't leaving until 8!

So, I came home and did a load of laundry and went off to the traditional market. I was looking for two stalls that sell exported food items. In my earlier post, I had mentioned that I was in charge of putting together a special "kid's package" for the upcoming Children's Day Service. But the stalls were not to be found. I scootered back home, stopping on the way at OK Convenience Store. A dear couple gave us COUPONS to spend at OK. So, I bought 206NT$ of breakfast bread. (The kids were very happy when they saw the "loot". They quickly wrote their name on the bag, laying claim to the bread. In our house, if you don't claim it, it gets eaten! FAST!) I have 400NT$ more to spend. I couldn't believe how busy that little convenience store was as it's right on the campus of the university near our house.

I came home to check if the sister had finished the immigration paperwork. No news yet. So, I finished the load of clothes and proceeded to call my mom. After a nice chat, I went on the computer and checked email.

By 11:30, still no news, I had to head out to the Christian bookstore to buy more goodies. Rushing off, the task of looking for goodies took longer than expected. I came home at 1:25 to find a message from the sister. She was back. I was late as my next appointment was at 1:30. I left a message for the gal I was meeting up with and went to see the Filipino sister. She needed to exchange money with me. I told her to wait until after my 1:30 appointment.

Off I went and met up with Kathryn as we were going to see the new house she and her husband bought out in WuGu. I was 30 minutes late. It was already 2p.m. Even though it was only a 25-minute drive, it felt like it was a long way away from Neihu. The traffic could get very congested on the way to their new place.

After looking around, we headed back to Neihu and I quickly scootered home and tried to call Abby. She left a message and was heading home. I was to pick her up at the Xihu MRT Station. I grabbed the US$ and took off again. I was 10 minutes late.

We went to see the Filipino and got the money exchanged and sent her off in a taxi.

It felt so good to walk into our front door at 6p.m. After I came home, I proceeded to get online to check the housing prices in the WuGu area. They bought 'high'. They now want to rent it out as it won't be advantageous to sell it.

Alan was home. I asked him to pick up Isaiah and I went for a run.

I was no longer running late... I was just running.

Seek Him First!



No comments:

Post a Comment