Saturday, June 9, 2018

Baking, Fixing Yabadaba-Do-Something, and Other Tidbits

I haven't had the energy or time to bake... but now that I'm starting back at NSB, I better start baking again. I want to bring homemade things for my students so that they can experience a little bit of America.

During the week, I have very little free time since I have to take care of my mom. It's a busy job because I either have to shuttle her around or else supervise her in order to lessen her bad habits or serve her meals or get her things ready for her showers, etc. (The list goes on... ) So, on the weekends with everyone home, I have time to go off and run an errand or even bake.

Today was one of those days.

I tutored in the morning and came home to take care of Mom. While I was tutoring, Alan was home. He put on In Touch for an hour and then put Mom in the massage chair for another hour. I was home soon after that!

I took Mom to get her massage, which she loved... and of course, I got one too... I totally fell asleep!

After dinner, I pushed my scooter down to get it repair... We will wait and see how much it will cost to get that old scooter, Yabadaba-do-something, running again. I enjoy riding that 50cc scooter... I just need it to get me to my places of tutoring or to the mrt station... Most places that I go to are within a 3 kilometers radius... Abby will be scootering a lot more once she starts her studies at SooChow University. So, it would be best for her to have my scooter, Big Blue... She already rode it today to the MRT station and to tutor! She is quite busy as she is also thinking of working at the local cram school, teaching English. The pay is not as high as tutoring, but it'll be a good experience!

I did go for my half an hour run... Last night I went for a much longer run than I had planned...  I think I should plan for one monthly LONG run... I definitely can fit it in this summer when I'm back in the States...

Oh... as for baking, I made chocolate and butterscotch chips cookies and bread pudding... The cookies are for my NSB students... hopefully, they will still be there by Tuesday. The bread pudding is for church tomorrow.

Seek Him First!
Image result for taste and see that the lord is good

No comments:

Post a Comment