Saturday, February 21, 2015

Thoughts on Heaven

With whatever spare time I have, I like to read.

I try to have books, magazines, articles nearby... just so that I'd have something to read whenever I have time.

Recently I read this poem --

Heaven
Author Unknown

Think of --
Stepping on shore, and finding it Heaven!
Of taking hold of a hand, and finding it God's hand.
Of breathing a new air, and finding it celestial air.
Of feeling invigorated, and finding it immortality.
Of passing from storm to tempest to an unbroken calm.
Of waking up, and finding it Home.

I like the last line best.

Of waking up, and finding it Home.

There's been news after news of people being beheaded by 'terrorists'.  A group of 21 Egyptian believers were beheaded and the 'terrorists' said that they wanted to make the sea red with the blood of those who call themselves Christians.

Like this unknown author, I cling to the truth that death is but entering Home.
Image result for Psalm 41:13
Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment