Friday, February 10, 2017

The Task!

The main thing on my to-do list was to get the scooter transferred into Isaiah's name. Our dear friend gave me all the needed document from him. I had gathered all of Isaiah's document. I called the DMV to double check what I needed. I had already gone to get the insurance in Isaiah's name. (Upon arrival, I found out how much paperwork I avoided by getting this done! Insurance for a year: 20US$)) I also had dropped the scooter off for a full tune up. Well... as you recall, Isaiah and I worked up a sweat pushing the scooter to the nearest scooter shop on the main street.

I picked it up today and they changed the back tire, the back break pads, the battery and gave it a thorough tune up, including changing the oil, etc. (Total cost: 140US$) Now, this is a 150cc and to me, it's BIG. I can barely touch the ground when I'm sitting on it.

I had to ride it to the DMV as they have to check it before the transfer can be completed.

I arrived at the DMV and found out where to go for the scooter check up. Well... the inspector asked me to pull the scooter up on the stand. I couldn't do it. It was too heavy. Then he asked me to turn on the headlights. I didn't know how. I have never turned on the headlights. I didn't know which button to push. And this continued through the entire process... When he was finished, he asked me to push the scooter off to the side. I couldn't get the scooter off the stand. The guy behind me in line came over and helped me out. The scooter passed inspection. The person handling the scooter failed!

I proceeded to go upstairs. There were 9 people ahead of me, but my number was called in less than 3 minutes! Amazing. I handed over all the document plus 25US$... and in less than 10 minutes, I was walking out! It was all done!

Now, I had to ride back to Neihu... I made one wrong turn and I almost ended up on the super highway on my scooter! I had to carefully push my scooter back down the ramp! YIKES!

Well... I did get back safely, although I had no idea how that happened... I was really quite lost!

Isaiah needs to get his license as he has his own scooter!

I do need to go get the front break pads changed (Cost: 70US$)... that's on my to-do list for this coming week!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 34: 19

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA this was so funny, I know why you passed, THEY DIDN"T WANT YOU TO COME BACK.... hahahahah what a good laugh for the morning. AND SO CHEAP !!!! You really should have taken this scooter on the HIGHWAY for a little thrill and oh what fun !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cops would have been after me... and then I'd be on national TV and Mom will see me if I get on the news!

    ReplyDelete