Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Old House

The workers started today on prepping the old house for a new coat of paint.

I arrived at 8:30 in the morning and they were already there, unloading things from their truck.

I started scrapping and they started covering all the furniture and floor.  Very professional.



It was so hot. I was dripping with sweat as if I had ran a marathon.

By 10a.m., they were starting to chip the ceiling of all lose cement.


By 2p.m. I started praying. What they were chipping off looked like my entire ceiling was going to come crashing down.  We needed hard hats. I AM NOT EXAGGERATING.  The boss said, "This is the worst that I've ever seen. If you didn't do this now, one more earthquake and your ceiling would have come down."

I finished scrapping the walls (this is only one of the walls that needed "scrapping") and headed back home at 4:30.


I will go over on Sunday to take pictures and upload them to show anyone who thinks I'm kidding what the ceiling looks like right now.

The workers are planning to be back on Monday morning and start the cement work, then the waterproofing paint, then the plastering and finally a new coat of paint!!!  I am planning on painting a few cabinets myself. And by next Saturday, everything should be finished and our "old" house will look like NEW.

Our Kitchen Ceiling!!!!



And yes, I will definitely take more pictures!

Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment