Thursday, August 28, 2014

Tea Shops in Taiwan

For those who have never been to Taiwan, there are many great things about this place.

Unlike other countries, there are at least one 7/11 and other convenience stores on every block. And these stores are opened 24 hours and provide an assortment of services -- mail a package, pick up a package, buy concert tickets, withdraw money from an ATM, pay your utility bills-- just to name a few.

The other 'store' you can find on every block is the 'tea shops'. Oh, how I love these tea shops in the summer time.  The most well-known is the bubble milk tea. But there are so many other kinds of tea not to mention the fruit juices, freshly made. Unlike Jumba Juice in the States, you're not forking out 3US$. For a freshly made 700cc cup of juice, you'd pay about 1.50US$. Now, one blend that I'd like to recommend, which I haven't seen, is dragon fruit plus passion fruit.  I'd name it the passion dragon juice.  Oh... they can also add a bit of honey into the blend.  YUMMY. I wonder if I can ask them to make me one.

Here are some pictures I found of the different tea shops and the different drinks you can find on this island.  It's one of the best ways to beat the summer heat!






Seek Him First!



No comments:

Post a Comment