Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Dog Sitting

I was going to blog yesterday... but the day just flew by... as it often does...

A dear friend is back in the States and we volunteered to dog sit.  She actually is going to pay us. That's how it started. I thought it would be a great job for Abby. She gets to exercise and earn some money.

Well, Abby didn't get to come back early with Isaiah and I. And since Isaiah is practicing all day, I get to walk the dog.

It has been extremely interesting.  It is a lot more work than I had thought. That's only because I don't like for her to be home alone.  She likes having people around.

I really like Bali. That's her name. She is 6.5 years old. She is a chocolate lab with a very mild temperament. She rarely barks and is a very obedient dog. She has only two problems -- she loves to chase cats and she gets overly excited when she sees us.

We take her for four walks a day -- two short pee/poop walks and two longer workout walks/trots/runs.

I think she is getting in great shape. At first, she didn't like to go for these longer walks. Now, I think she looks forward to them.

I have worked her up to a full run for about one kilometer!!!

I have only a few more weeks with her. I don't know what condition I will get her to by the time my dear friend is home. I was hoping that she would be able to run a 5K.


Seek Him First.


No comments:

Post a Comment